Paws of Reverie Forum
Please Load a save file if you wish to post.
Paws of Reverie Forum
Please Load a save file if you wish to post.
Paws of Reverie Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official RP and general discussion forum for the Paws of Reverie dA RP group!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

6 - Boiling Atrium

Go down 
+3
Hade Edah
Dios The Game Master
Maritase Conelica
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Contribution Skill : 126
Karma Skill : 3

Status Page
Species: Um...Fox?
IMG:
6 - Boiling Atrium Left_bar_bleue100/1006 - Boiling Atrium Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Stamina: 29

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:21 pm

For some reason, the 6th floor's button was highlighted when I entered the elevator today. This piqued my curiosity and I pressed it. The elevator rode up to the 6th floor and stopped. Last time, I remember riding up here and the elevator would just stay at floor 6 and not open. There was some kind of marking on the door when the elevator stopped here last time, but now it just opened.

To my surprise, upon stepping out, I walked into what appeared to be a large, round, open room. The walls and floors were all lined in a circular fashion similarly to the lobby in the tower. However, unlike the lobby, in the dead center was a large pool of water with steam emanating from it. There was a walkway roughly 4 meters in width that spanned all around the pool. I guess theres no going through the middle, only around? The pool itself was about 60 meters in diameter...pretty large. I neared the water...it appeared to be boiling hot and awfully dark. Anyone trying to step into this would probably be scalded....or would probably catch on fire. Looking around, I wondered if anything else was here. The walls seemed pretty bare aside from being lit with orb like lights evenly spaced apart.

Suddenly, the water started bubbling and the ground shook violently. I stood back, and in fact, ran to the elevator out of panic. What I saw was unbelievable. A massive Upset was emerging from the water, its head was much like that of an anemone, only the center of the frills was like that of all other Upsets: A round ball with a sharp mouth. The head emerged all the way from the water and part of its body was revealed. It looked like a sea serpent that one would see in a fantasy novel, a worm-like, slithering body. The whole thing didn't seem to emerge, but the monster was about 20 meters in height from the water. Very intimidating. It let out a spine-rattling cry that shook the whole room, and out of panic, I hit the 0 button on the number pad, and go down as fast as I can to the town.

Running to the fire, I yell out.

Mari: EVERYONE, I NEED HELP. GIANT MONSTER, FLOOR 6, COME QUICK! BRING WEAPONS! *runs around in circles panicking and then runs back to the tower in a hurry, holding a stone sword*

Last edited by Maritase Conelica on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://pawsofreverie.forumotion.com
Dios The Game Master

Dios The Game Master

Contribution Skill : 678
Karma Skill : 7

Status Page
Species: Shiny Cat is Shiny
IMG:
6 - Boiling Atrium Left_bar_bleue9999999999/99999999996 - Boiling Atrium Empty_bar_bleue  (9999999999/9999999999)
Stamina: 9999

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:43 pm

The following RP is a BOSS FIGHT

Boss fights use a few different mechanics!

After each turn, regardless of if you attack or not, you must roll the dice named "Advanced Enemy Atk". If you roll the modifier for your post, click on the "+" box after the box that says "Dice rolls". This will allow you to roll an extra dice.

The "Advanced Enemy Atk" dice works like this: It is a die numbered 1 - 6. Each number represents a different attack from the monsters stated move list.

The monster's move list will vary in different attacks. Some attacks may hit the whole party, while others hit only one. The move list is stated on the post that shows the monster's stats.

Heres how the whole process works in a typical situation:

1. Person one attacks
-Roll Attack Modifier
-Roll Advanced enemy attack

2. Person two takes the damage out of their HP depending on what attack was used OR if the enemy hits the whole party, then they show the HP for everyone in the party (the party thing is optional, but helpful)
-Roll attack modifier
-Roll advanced enemy attack

PAY ATTENTION TO POSTS BEFORE YOU SO YOU KNOW WHICH ATTACKS ARE DAMAGING YOU TOO!

A party must be formed before doing this battle.

Post with a character remark to be added to the party list.
If you are not here when your turn is up and a certain time has passed, your turn will be skipped.
A lack of posting may result in exclusion from stat bonuses and prizes.
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:
6 - Boiling Atrium Left_bar_bleue100/1006 - Boiling Atrium Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:52 pm

PARTY LIST
1. Mari
2. Hade
3. Raal
4. Molala

Last edited by Maritase Conelica on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hade Edah

Hade Edah

Contribution Skill : 434
Karma Skill : 11

Status Page
Species: Coyote
IMG:
Stamina: 35

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Hade, from where he sat, looking up at the sky, moved his gaze onto Mari. He hopped up quickly, sensing Mari's urgency, and grabbed himself a stone sword as well. He quickly ran after Mari, not saying a word. "I should feel worried, that there's a huge monster," Hade thought to himself however, "but it sounds kind of fun to fight."
Back to top Go down
http://snowodin.deviantart.com/
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:11 pm

Mari: Oh hey Hade, you're gonna help me fight the thing? Whatever that freaky huge...thing is. Hopefully we're not going to get smashed into oblivion or something if its even possible to be destroyed that much.
Back to top Go down
Hade Edah

Hade Edah

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:15 pm

Hade: I doubt that will happen. You told me yourself that when we die here, we don't actually die. I don't mean to say that losing to whatever beast you encountered is good, it just means we won't have to worry all that much if we do.
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Mari: Yes... but like....dying again isn't good or anything. I mean, it hurts. A LOT. *has already died about 5 times because of non-Upset related causes*. Trust me, don't look forward to it....* scratches his head*
Back to top Go down
Hade Edah

Hade Edah

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Hade: *With a smile* I also didn't say I'd look forward to it. I'm pointing out the positive, simply. *turns around, leans against the outside of the tower, and stares back at Town* I'd think this would be a more urgent thing. Where is everyone?
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Mari: Something tells me only the most prepared ones are coming...
Back to top Go down
Hade Edah

Hade Edah

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:44 pm

Hade: That might take a while, then... *Slides down until he's sitting against the tower with his legs out, and he looks up to the sky* So tell me. What's the beast look like?
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 8:03 pm

Mari: Think of a sea serpent with an anemone's head. Its really freaky looking... but the thing is huge!
Back to top Go down
Hade Edah

Hade Edah

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 8:59 pm

Hade: (That's what she said!) Hmm... If it's in the water, melee might be a bit hard to do... It'll be hard to reach it.
Back to top Go down
molala

molala

Contribution Skill : 38
Karma Skill : 4

Status Page
Species: Gerbil
IMG:
Stamina: 19

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 11:39 pm

"I've seen bigger"

she whispered as she hobbled over to where the two males where

with a slight groan, the young gerbil looked over Hade "... you helped me earlier didn't you?" before waiting for an answer, she gazed over to Mari "... I'm sorry for the troubles, sir"

using both her little hands, she slapped her face at once, then shook her head "... so what is the situation? something wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Hade Edah

Hade Edah

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 11:54 pm

Hade gave a friendly smile towards Molala, and made a slight wave with his hand. "Yes, yes I did. Pleasure to meet you. He extended his hand towards Molala, inviting a handshake. "My name is Hade. We haven't been properly introduced yet."
Back to top Go down
molala

molala

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:01 am

she turned her attention to Hade and gave an elegant curtsey, or as elegant as it could get with the improvised skirt she had

"pleased to meet you, sir, and thank you for everything."

stepping back, she gazed up to him, swishing her tail slowly "so what seems to be the problem?"
Back to top Go down
Hade Edah

Hade Edah

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:04 am

Looking at the tower, and then back to Molala, he shrugged. "The most I know on the situation is that there's a monster on floor six. A big one. If this were a video game, it'd be a boss."
Back to top Go down
molala

molala

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:09 am

"a game what?"

she flicked one ear curiously, she was totally unaware of most forms of technology, being inexistant in the region she was born and raised, it didn't mattered right now, she nodded slowly

"I... "

gulping, she curled her tail around her legs, ears lowered "I'm not sure if I can help there... I... don't like being near those monsters, they..." she gulped, shuddering visibly
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:13 am

Mari: It's alright if you can't or don't want to help. I mean, its not like you need to go around risking being smashed to bits by that thing. But any help at all we can get....it would be great.
Back to top Go down
Hade Edah

Hade Edah

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:16 am

Hade nodded, looking at Mari first, and then back to Molala. "But like he said, we're not forcing you nor should you force yourself. It was by those creatures that gave you the injuries you sustained, right? It's got to be difficult to just think of them, let alone face them."
Back to top Go down
molala

molala

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:20 am

she looked away subtly, shuddering "it can do whatever it wants to me... I really don't care" she wrapped both her arms around her body, shaking her head slowly "but... I hate the feeling I get when I'm around them, they make ... those memories come back, I don't like that"

she lowered her face enough that it was hard to look at her, covering it's side with her droppy ears, subtly whispering out at Hade "those where scratches... even alive I was put trough worse... but..." she coughed out a little, the urge to cry rose slightly

she suddently turns to face Mari, tears swelling up "... do you think I could ... someday earn forgiveness if ... well... I h-help?" she trembled a little "could I be allowed to make this a better place, sir?"
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:31 am

Mari: Well of course. I think we're all going to have to help in some way. I wonder what Dios meant by facing struggles from our past though, that's been bothering me for a while. ....speaking of Dios, I didn't make that floor. It seemed to be made already but I guess Dios put a seal on it or something.
Back to top Go down
Raal Tusaet

Raal Tusaet

Contribution Skill : 415

Status Page
Species: Black Wolf + Dove Wing
IMG:
Stamina: 27

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:35 am

Raal grabbed his sword and ran over to Mari "why did you go the floor alone!? but im ready when you guys are and thats more then likely"
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:47 am

Mari: Well, I was waiting for you guys to come, you know! Obviously, I'm not going up to get smashed by myself :/
But anyways, let's see if anyone else wants to go.
Back to top Go down
Hade Edah

Hade Edah

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:48 am

Hade: *Sits back down and leans against the tower*
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Contribution Skill : 110
Karma Skill : 0

Status Page
Species: Fox
IMG:
Stamina: 22

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:49 am

Freya: Alrighty im here. What the heck happened though?
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:00 am

Mari: Looks like some kind of freaky "boss" monster or something on the 6th floor. I'm gonna need help taking it down. Seems like the whole party's here though so lets do this. *Walks into the elevator, waiting for everyone to come in*

(Roll-call lol)
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Contribution Skill : 110
Karma Skill : 0

Status Page
Species: Fox
IMG:
Stamina: 22

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:01 am

Freya: *jumps into the elevator with her bow strung and ready* Sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
Hade Edah

Hade Edah

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:03 am

Hade: *Stands up and walks in, waiting for Raal and Molala*
Back to top Go down
molala

molala

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:05 am

doubting it for a moment, the gerbil lass glanced to the door, then back, surely they would be able to handle it on their own, right? I mean... what could someone like her do against such a thing?

no... no time to think like that, it was what she needs to regain balance, gulping, she closed her eyes and slowly walked over until she was standing next to Mari, looking noticeably nervous, leaning over Hade slightly
Back to top Go down
Hade Edah

Hade Edah

Status Page
IMG:

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:08 am

Hade noticed Molala's fear, which she'd obviously shown earlier through the shivering. "Molala," Hade said, trying to sound reassuring, "Don't worry. This time, you're not alone facing a monster. We've got your back, if you've got ours."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

6 - Boiling Atrium Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 - Boiling Atrium   6 - Boiling Atrium Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6 - Boiling Atrium
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next