Paws of Reverie Forum
Please Load a save file if you wish to post.
Paws of Reverie Forum
Please Load a save file if you wish to post.
Paws of Reverie Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official RP and general discussion forum for the Paws of Reverie dA RP group!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Damara

Damara

Contribution Skill : 147
Karma Skill : 0

Status Page
Species: Silver fox, it seems.
IMG:
Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Left_bar_bleue100/100Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Stamina: 39 Total

Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Empty
PostSubject: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:25 am

I can't remember anything.

okay, that isn't accurate. I can't remember ALMOST anything. The last thing I remember is how I died. That's all I know. I died, and I know how. I was in a mountain. Rocks fell down on me, everything went white. There should have been pain... but I don't remember any.

So that's it. I died in a landslide.

... I'm dead. What a strange revelation to come to.

There was white everywhere when I woke up. Light coming from all directions. I saw my arms, my legs... I had gray fur all over me. I don't remember much, but I know that wasn't there. I was wearing a bandage over my chest, holding my breasts down, an orange scarf, a long skirt that reached to the ground, and a leather belt with a few pouches. I wandered for what felt like a very long time, but nothing appeared. I wasn't hungry or thirsty, but I was tired. Eventually I fell asleep.

The next day(?) there was dirt all around me, and a book. When I opened the book, I saw a picture of a fox-looking girl with purple hair, blue eyes. It must be me. There was also a name; Damara Rue Lagana. Other than that it was empty. Damara... That must be my name. It rings a bell, so I'll go with that.

That day(?) I was exploring again.. Eventually I noticed a pool of water, so I looked at my reflection; it was definitely my picture in the book.

Eventually I fell asleep again. When I woke up, I saw houses, and a tower in the distance.

For the first time, I spoke. "Where the hell am I??" I had a high, almost shrill voice. Maybe because I was excited?
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Contribution Skill : 126
Karma Skill : 3

Status Page
Species: Um...Fox?
IMG:
Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Left_bar_bleue100/100Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Stamina: 29

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:01 am

Well...there was another day that went by. A lot happened and honestly, I'm pretty fatigued from all of this development in town. For the last few days, I've felt like the weight of the whole town has been on mine and everyone else's shoulders (excluding the kids who haven't really made much progress). Comparing what progress has been made here to the amount of work that probably went to my own home town, I felt that my job was far from finished. Still..I think everyone needs to take a break or something at least once.

I decided to lay back against the wall of my house when I spotted someone at the edge of town. She seemed to have a rather lost expression. Much like the look I noticed in everyone's eyes: wondering, "Why are we here? What did we do to deserve being here? Why did we have to die?" Only this girl's expression seemed not as worn down and adjusted to. She seemed pretty new to this whole situation. Thinking to myself...I argues whether or not I should say something. Of course, considering the kind of person I am, leaving someone lost like that isn't really a good thing. I decided to walk over and have a word.

"You seem kinda lost...are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
https://pawsofreverie.forumotion.com
Damara

Damara

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:16 am

My head turned when I heard someone say something. There was another person there, a boy, with hair the exact color as mine. I thought it was kind of funny, but it wasn't really important. I don't know why, but I started feeling really nervous and a feeling of dread came over me when I saw him approach me. I hid my book behind me before replying.

"Um... yeah... I have no idea where I am... I've been... really lost, actually."

I considered telling him I was dead, and how the past two "days" all I had seen was white, then dirt. But if I say something like that... I would sound completely crazy, really. I should just play along, and act like nothing too out of the ordinary has happened to me.
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:21 am

Is she alright? I mean...she seems to have that bit of shock that everyone has when they first get here. It's almost obvious that she's not exactly comfortable with the situation. Because of this, I thought it'd be a good idea to break the ice and say the news to her. She probably doesn't realize why she's here or what's going on, so I might as well go out and say it.

"You don't really know why you're here, do you? Because that's a question everyone asks. You do know you're dead, right?"

I feel like I was trying to explain the situation to Koomi, who was unaware of her death apparently. Perhaps this girl already knew that and I was asking the question like an idiot or something.
Back to top Go down
Damara

Damara

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:36 am

"Oh... yes, I did... how did you know?"

Okay, so apparently this is a common thing? He seems to be perfectly okay with talking to a ghost... or zombie... or whatever the hell it is that I am right now. And he makes a good point. Why am I here? And who exactly is this person? Looking at him, he seemed to be the same... species... that I was. He looked foxlike, and had the same type of tail. Besides that, he seemed a lot more well-spoken than I am, and seems like he knew what he was talking about. I should talk to him, but... Why did I dread the thought of talking to him? Ooow, my head is spinning...

Last edited by Damara on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:50 am

"How did you know?" Did she think it was a secret or something? Whatever, I'll play along with it. Wait, something seems wrong with her. Is she getting dizzy or something? I can't really tell, anyways. I guess I'll continue with the usual.

"Well you see, all of us here are dead. As far as we know. This cat guy named Dios or something, who calls himself the 'Game Master', says this is all his game. He said something about giving each of us a second chance in life because we all died with incomplete struggles or unfinished dreams. Something cryptic like that. Well not really. Believe me, when I first got here, everything was a mystery. Floating around in white space before ending up in what was suppose to be the start of this 'town'. It took me a while, but I got to planting all this grass you see. I also helped put up some of these buildings."

"Anyways, something you should know: we're all suppose to work together. If we want to live here and 'make a new life for ourselves', as Dios says, we have to do things for each other." I did a quick bow after that and then asked, "Is it a bit much to take in?"
Back to top Go down
Damara

Damara

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:56 am

Yes, this guy was definitely a master. Suddenly, everything made sense, I guess I don't have to play dumb anymore.

"Actually, yes, I feel so much better now..." And in fact I did, the feeling of dizziness had gone off. It made sense now... the whiteness, the landslide... "So you went through the big white space too? I didn't want to say anything, about being dead or anything, I thought I would seem crazy... So I guess you found a book too? What's it for?" I showed him the book I had found; it was a bit dirty from sleeping with it, but still seemed to be in rather good condition.
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 2:01 am

She showed me the book....I haven't seen anything like this before. I wonder why she had it? Was it something she had on her person when she died? I didn't wake up with anything like that.

"Where...where did you get that? I don't have something like that?"

I checked my pockets.....nothing.

"Sorry, I don't know what that's for. Maybe it was yours and you had it when you died? I only kept what I had on me when I died. Oh- and yeah. I did go through that big white space. A few of the people here were floating around in it while I was there."
Back to top Go down
Damara

Damara

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 2:13 am

"You've never seen one? Hmm... It's weird, I didn't have it the moment I showed up. I woke up and it was next to me. It's only thanks to this book I was able to remember my name..."

Well, my head wasn't spinning anymore... It was comforting to know I wasn't exactly alone in the "afterlife," but it was weird that nobody else had a book. And it was even empty... very, very strange. I opened it up and showed him.

"This was all that was in it... a picture of me and what I'm fairly sure is my name. I can't remember anything else. Is that normal?"

I really hope I'm not the only amnesiac. If I am... I don't know what I would do.
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 2:19 am

Another one that doesn't remember? Well...at least Koomi remembered her own name.

"Not really...I think you're one of the few with something like that. There is this other girl, a raccoon, that kinda has the same issue. The only thing is she can't remember being killed. Did you happen to hit your head or anything like that? I can remember everything..."

Okay, that was a bit of a lie. I can't remember everything.

"Well. Mostly. I know I was killed by a friend, the problem is I don't know which one. I didn't get the chance to see. Um...other than that...I don't know what's up."

This is kinda weird. I don't understand what happened to this one. Would this be Dios' work? Or was there something that happened in between that led to this?
Back to top Go down
Damara

Damara

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 2:26 am

"I know I died in a landslide... it's possible that I hit my head before being completely crushed..."

Wow, it sounds so morbid when I say it like that. I am a very awkward conversationalist. I looked at the book again, considering what to do. Perhps I could use it as a journal?

"Is there any way to get a pen?"
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 2:33 am

"A pen? No. But I could make a pencil for you if you need. Give me a second."

I run over to the fire and quickly take a piece of wood, tossing it in there, and taking a burnt one out. Using a piece of wood an charcoal, I fashion it into a charcoal pencil and run back over.

"Here, I hope this is will do for you."

Back to top Go down
Damara

Damara

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 2:40 am

"Oh, yes perfectly! Thank you."

Taking the new pencil, I opened up the book and started writing what I'd experienced. For such a short period of time, quite a bit had happened.

I am dead. I died in a landslide and woke up as a fox... thing, with this book, near a town. I met a boy who appears to be around my age and has the same "species" as me, named

"You know what... I realize I never heard your name..."
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 2:57 am

"Oh me? Maritase Conelica. Just 'Mari' for short works as well, that's what everyone normally calls me."

Is she really going to use that book to record stuff? Well now that I think of it, it does seem like a good idea. Maybe we'll have someone keeping track of everything that goes on. Oh... I forgot to tell her something!

"By the way, I think I forgot to answer something for you. You're probably wondering why we're all like this...." I grab my own tail. "Well....The game master said that since our old bodies are all beaten up, we've been given a new body that's a mix of our old and an animal we feel either a connection to or have a fondness for."
Back to top Go down
Damara

Damara

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 3:04 am

"You know, I was wondering about that. My name is Damara Lagara... according to this." I showed him the book again, with my sloppy writing and terrible spelling on it.

named Mari. He tells me I'm here to make a new life for myself, and a "game master"

I paused. Game master? Who, or rather, what is that? I asked Mari about it.
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 3:13 am

"The game master? Didn't I say this guy named Dios called himself the game master? His full name was Dios Eden Lucifer."

I could've sworn I said that already... unless my memory is going out on me. Probably from being too tired or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Damara

Damara

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 3:17 am

"Um, it might just be me, I think you may have actually said that already. So... does this guy ever interact directly with us? Or does he just kind of watch?"

Come to think of it, who is "us"? there doesn't seem to be... anybody at all here, except Mari and I. But then again I haven't explored anything.

a "game master" gave me this body because it relates to an animal I have some sort of connection to. All the houses I see... I will probably have to build one myself.

Strangely, the thought of building a house isn't daunting at all. I sort of... look forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 3:28 am

"Yeah, he kinda watches us. But occasionally, he'll come down to talk to people or cause some kinda of commotion, good or bad. I don't know what his motives are or why he even wants to put us in this game of his."

I just noticed...it's getting pretty late. I should probably...no wait... I'm not sure if I can make a house for her yet.

"Um...I build a fair amount of the houses here even though they're pretty small. But, for now, I think I could take you in to my house. Just....mind the kitty boy on the ground. I think everyone's sleepy and you probably don't want to wake that one up"

Last time someone bothered Gero like that, he threatened to shred their skin off. With those claws, I'd be very afraid. Especially with those bandages. He'd probably....accidentally rip those off and then who knows what would happen. .... Is it getting hot in here?
Back to top Go down
Damara

Damara

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:57 am

Mari offered to let me stay in his house. I hadn't noticed but it was starting to get late here, and I had only slept on the ground up until now, but at least this way it would be with a pillow. Yeah, I decided to accept, reluctantly. I definitely needed a shower too, I could tell I smelled bad... my sense of smell was stronger? How strange...

"Um, okay, sure. Thank you, Mari." I smiled at the boy, closed the book and stepped over closer to him.
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 4:38 pm

I had my "bed" all laid out on the floor. Originally, I was going to sleep in it but seeing as she doesn't have a bed to sleep in, I'll let her use it. I guess I can do fine with sleeping on the ground...I mean, I did fall asleep in grass before.

"Here, you can use my blanket. I'll just sleep over there by the wall. Try not to wake up the cat boy here, he gets scratchy when you do."
Back to top Go down
Damara

Damara

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 8:17 pm

The bed was simple, and was far more comfortable than the ground. I thanked the guy for his generosity; this was very kind of him and I certainly didn't expect him to do it. I never expected to have a bed when I found out that everyone had built these houses. I figured I could get a night sleeping in someone's house, but in the bed was a shock. I could feel my face heat up a bit from blushing when he offered me his blanket.

"Thanks again, this is very kind of you Mari."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)   Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of Memories and Mysteries (PAR)
Page 1 of 1