Paws of Reverie Forum
Please Load a save file if you wish to post.
Paws of Reverie Forum
Please Load a save file if you wish to post.
Paws of Reverie Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official RP and general discussion forum for the Paws of Reverie dA RP group!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Contribution Skill : 126
Karma Skill : 3

Status Page
Species: Um...Fox?
IMG:
The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Left_bar_bleue100/100The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Stamina: 29

The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Empty
PostSubject: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:52 pm

((THE FOLLOWING RP IS A TUTORIAL. IT WILL TEACH YOU SOME OF THE BASICS OF POSTING AND USING THIS RPG'S SYSTEM!!!))

The last thing I could remember...was being stabbed 5 times in the chest by one of my friends. That's all. I don't remember which one it was...I never got to see his face when it happened, let alone hear his voice. Everything went white before I could realize anything.

Then I woke up here...Nothing but all white. I met a few people here and there all claiming they had died.

What I never understood was...

What the hell happened to my body?
All of a sudden I'm this...fox...animal thing...? And what the hell is this mark on my right arm?

After what felt like days in time of sitting around in this blank place...I woke up to find I was laying down on the dirt.
"Dirt? Where did this come from?" That was the first question I asked, but then I looked around to see a blue sky, and nothing but barren dirt.

One thing caught my eye right away.

To what I believed was the north, I saw a gigantic tower looming over head and reaching into infinity. As the sky neared the tower, it turned purple, and there were clouds forming around it. The tower was a purple-ish shape, it seemed to be structured into a 4 pointed shape and had lights running along each pointed side. Pretty flashy, honestly.

I stood up wondering if there was anyone there and ran towards the tower, but I was stopped by a random cat-like person.

Last edited by Maritase Conelica on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:46 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pawsofreverie.forumotion.com
Dios The Game Master

Dios The Game Master

Contribution Skill : 678
Karma Skill : 7

Status Page
Species: Shiny Cat is Shiny
IMG:
The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Left_bar_bleue9999999999/9999999999The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Empty_bar_bleue  (9999999999/9999999999)
Stamina: 9999

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:55 pm

Hey there, Welcome to my Game~ You must be Maritase Conelica, correct?
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:
The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Left_bar_bleue100/100The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:55 pm

Yeah...What of it? Who are you? Why am I even here? Shouldn't I be....dead?
Back to top Go down
Dios The Game Master

Dios The Game Master

Status Page
IMG:
The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Left_bar_bleue9999999999/9999999999The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Empty_bar_bleue  (9999999999/9999999999)

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:01 pm

Ahaha~ You're right. In fact, you already are dead. Don't be alarmed though, you've been given a second chance at life. Though you're definitely not going to get your old one back.

Instead, you must build a new one for yourself (and everyone else who will accompany you in this world soon after). This barren landscape you see here is your new "Home Town", build it and let it prosper.

Aside from building a new life, the reason why you were picked to be in my game is simple: I decided your life was simply not complete enough. You have a lot of unfinished businesses, dreams to pursue, and some struggles clinging to your spirit that you can't shake off. Don't deny it, you do, even if you can't say what they are, you'll find them eventually.
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Are you...god or something? And how the heck am I suppose to build a town with no materials?
Back to top Go down
Dios The Game Master

Dios The Game Master

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Well not exactly.
Ah, how rude of me! I haven't introduced myself! I am Dios Eden Lucifer, I am your "Game Master." I am responsible for teaching the first player how to play the game and am in charge of overseeing what happens in this game. I can see all, but not all can see me.
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Stalker much...so if I decided to do something something to a mate or decided to take a bath you'd be able to....

....Pervert.
Back to top Go down
Dios The Game Master

Dios The Game Master

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Yep. Can't hide anything from me.

Anyways, I'm not being too unfair with you. You say you have no materials, yet you are wrong. That tower you see over there has everything you need. It is known as the Somnium Infinito. Inside may be blank, but you can use your imagination (IMG) to create environments on each floor. This way, you can find materials you need.

There is a limitation however. You cannot get smart and decide to make a floor all trees or all metal, or all bananas for that matter. It has to be an actual enviroment AND there must be at least 1 key feature or LANDMARK.
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:22 pm

Oh...so it's kinda like a machine that can make things from your mind? That sounds amazing and almost unbelievable...I'll have to see this for myself.

I walk over to the tower very far in the distance and enter the wide double doors on the front (south side).
Upon entering, I see that there is a really round room lit by torches on the wall. The room appears to be quite large, as the dome-like ceiling is about 30 feet in height from the floor. On the walls, there appears to be 10 indentations for something evenly spaced about. The floor has a concentric circle like layout and appears to radiate from the center of the room. In the center stands a glass tube with a golden lined door. It appears to be an elevator of some sorts.

So...Dios...guy...what do I do now?

Back to top Go down
Dios The Game Master

Dios The Game Master

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Each time you create a floor, you must create a thread in the "Somnium Infinito" Forum labled in this format:

Floor number - Name of floor - Floor type (Is it a jungle? A gallery? A lake? A robotics zone? A volcano?) - RP type (Usually LIN, PAR, or MIX) - DnD enabled? (if no, put NO, if not, leave it blank)

(The floor type, RP Type, and DnD can be entered in the description instead of the title)

For example,

1 - Rebirth's Waterfall - Forest Canyon (MIX) (Leaving the last one blank because DnD is enabled)

What are RP types you may ask?

a. (PAR) Sometimes known as literate RP or semi-lit; this is where you write paragraph like posts in a story fashion to roleplay.
(Example: Maritase decided it was official; he was going to explore the tower. He stepped through the door and made his way to the elevator. He then furiously pressed the 1st button and hit enter, then the elevator began to rise up.)

b. (LIN) This is for Script/Skit like RPs, commonly seen in chat RP's and are usually done in short posts.
(Example: Mari: I'd love to talk but I'm getting furiously beaten by a tree. *gets smacked in the face* OW!!! )

c. (MIX) This is for mixed RPs, which combine the two above. However some users may find this to be very confusing to use. An example of this would be this entire RP.

Now if you're wondering what DnD is, it's using dice and keeping track of stats for battles. This is the most accurate and fair way to play, so I recommend that this is on. If you do not, you will have to fight by your gut and it might not be fair or accurate.

Last edited by Dios The Game Master on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Thread...forum? What the hell?!
I'm not on the internet! What are you talking about?! How am I suppose to do that?
Back to top Go down
Dios The Game Master

Dios The Game Master

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:36 pm

Simple, the people out of the screen sitting in front of it and typing random crap know what I'm talking about, right?

*He smiles at you.*
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Ugh...whatever. Let's do this.

*Creates a thread called the following*

1 - Rebirth's Waterfall
and adds to the description "A forest canyon (MIX)"

So do I just step into the elevator and hit the 1 button?
Back to top Go down
Dios The Game Master

Dios The Game Master

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Correct.

*He steps into the elevator with him*

Now let's get started.
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:51 pm

The elevator started moving up for about 30 seconds and then stopped. I felt like something was putting a vacuum to one of my ears the entire time for some reason.

Finally the elevator stopped.

Once the door opened, I was amazed at what I saw. Everything I had imagined for this place seemed to have been pulled straight from my mind and formed before me...Holy crap! From the elevator, there were trees thick all around. It seemed the only way to proceed was to follow the path.

Dios and I stepped out of the elevator and walked down the path to what appeared to be a waterfall coming over a cliff and dropping about 10 feet below to a large pool of water. Nearby was a rock formation that almost seemed like a diving board: There were several stones placed like steps and the top was a long rock which resembled the board you jump off.

This place is amazing...completely like how I imagined it...
Back to top Go down
Dios The Game Master

Dios The Game Master

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:57 pm

Like I said, this place forms from your imagination. This place seems like a moderately sized floor, so it won't take up all your capacity.

Oh, I forgot to mention, you can only create floors if you have enough Imagination points left (IMG). By default, this is 100. I'd say that this place seems like a size 1 zone, there doesn't appear to be much besides 1 landmark and a dense mass of trees.

Size 1 Zones cost you 20 IMG points; they usually only have 1 Landmark and very few features/resources, Size 2 Zones cost you 35. They can have up to 2 landmarks and hold more space for resources. Size 3 Zones will cost you a whopping 50 points but hold a lot of room for landmarks and more.

Keep in mind not every zone has to be pure natural. It's all up to you.

IMG points recover every 2 weeks in real life time.

Last edited by Dios The Game Master on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:58 pm

Aww.... Oh well, there goes my plan of making 2000 floors in one day.

Anyways, what do I do now? Should I gather materials?
Back to top Go down
Dios The Game Master

Dios The Game Master

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:05 pm

Yes, you should.

Now first of all, before you go chopping wood with your head or collecting water with a rock, you should probably see what you need to collect each material.

Generally, you only need your paws to collect something. However, this is slightly inefficient, usually you can only gather one thing at a time. Using tools will increase your productiveness.

Collecting something will consume stamina depending on how you do it. For example, take those rocks...
You cannot carry 200 of them because I know your stamina isn't high enough to handle collecting that much. Therefore you can only hold as much as your stamina. If you want to collect more stones, make about 5 posts first on the same thread and try again.

Since your stamina is 15, You could collect 15 of them and they will add to your stockpile automatically.

By the way, do you know your own statistics? or how I even know you have 15 Stamina?
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:07 pm

Telepathy? Looking at me? Gut feeling? A voice telling you in the back of your head "HE HAS 15 STAMINA, DAMMIT!"?
Back to top Go down
Dios The Game Master

Dios The Game Master

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Not really.

This is the database...

Clicking on that link will send you to a spreadsheet. Under the tab at the bottom that says "Skills", you can find a list of skills and your stats on them.

These skills dictate what you can do properly and what you can't do.
Repeatedly doing an action like making stuff with smithing or cooking will raise that skill level.
For example, if you want more stamina, keep collecting things.
Moderators will take note of everytime you do one (and probably tell you too) and update this sheet.

Here's a tip; if you want moderators to see you doing an action BOLD IT OR MAKE IT ANOTHER COLOR.

This database is useful for other things. For one, it contains a map of the entire tower (or at least what you have so far of it), it also tells you what you need to make what and what's needed to get what.

If you can't find a recipe, make your own; just MAKE SURE THE MODERATORS CAN SEE IT.

Keep it book marked, you will need to look at it often, especially in RPs with "DnD" enabled. For your convenience, on your profile page (also known as the player page), there is a "Status Page" that you can update to remind you of important stats like IMG and Stamina.

Last edited by Dios The Game Master on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Moderators? Threads? RPs? Are you trolling me or something? What are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Dios The Game Master

Dios The Game Master

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:45 pm

*facepalms* Nevermind.

Anyways, go ahead and gather some materials.
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:46 pm

Alright.

*gathers 15 stones*

....Huff.....wow...that is tiring...
I guess I'll be needing wood too, right?
Back to top Go down
Dios The Game Master

Dios The Game Master

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:47 pm

Correct, but you might need to wait 5 posts first...
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:49 pm

*5 posts later*

*strips 15 Pieces of wood off of the trees around him*

Arg...this is really really tiring.... x _x

*falls flat*
Back to top Go down
Dios The Game Master

Dios The Game Master

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Hmmm...good work, but you might need a little more later. This should do for now.

Materials are divided into 6 Categories. Stone, Water, Wood, Plants, Fabric, and Metal.

These all have "Basic" and "Advanced" categories.

Basic categories include all general pieces of any of the category.

For example, you picked up 15 stones, so it would add to your stone count by 15. It doesn't matter if they're red, blue, orange, or shiny; if its a stone and has no outstanding properties, its basic.

For things like plants and fabrics, you can add to your plants count by yanking out random pieces of grass or flowers. This will give you seeds. However, adding to fabric is only done by harvesting cotton plants (found usually in grassy areas) or taking pieces of scrap fabric you find around the tower.

Finding advanced materials is much more complex. You will sometimes have to mine to obtain some, or they have to appear randomly (via my command sometimes) in order for you to get them. Some materials can be harvested in specific environments. This info can be found in the database.
Back to top Go down
Dios The Game Master

Dios The Game Master

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 6:06 pm

I will give you the following since you're not likely to find them here:

10 Fabrics
5 Meat
50 Water
10 Plants
5 Metal
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 6:07 pm

Thanks a bunch *smiles*

Now...what do I do now?
Back to top Go down
Dios The Game Master

Dios The Game Master

Status Page
IMG:

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 6:07 pm

Well, I forgot to mention one tiny detail. You're not always going to be safe here...
Back to top Go down
Maritase Conelica
Admin
Maritase Conelica

Status Page
IMG:

Wh-what?! What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next